|G L A S S / F R E E F O R M A R C H I T E C T U R E I N N O V A T E M A T E R I A L S P R E S E N T A T I O N S E S S I O N|
• dynamics • swarms • tensegrity • origami • extreme fabrics • minimal surfaces • sandwich structures • smart environmental design • ai •
• Winter 2009/2010 • MICHAL BEDNÁŘ • MARTIN CÍSAŘ • DALIBOR DZURILLA • MILOŠ FLORIÁN • NINA HEDWIC HOUSKOVÁ • NGUYEN THI THANH HUONG • LUKÁŠ KURILLA • MICHAL KUTÁLEK • JOSEF MUSIL • MIROSLAV SVEN NEVLIDA • ONDŘEJ OTÝPKA • CYRIL PAVLŮ • JÁCHYM PEŠEK • NINA PEVNÁ • MAREK RŮŽIČKA • MIROSLAV STRIGÁČ • TOMÁŠ TATÝREK • OLDŘICH WACHTL •
• SPECIAL THANKS FOR LUKÁŠ KURILLA, NINA HEDWIC HOUSKOVA A MAREK RŮŽIČKA BECAUSE OF THEIR WORK AT THE STUDIO •
• THE HIGH QUALITY PRINT OF MODELS WAS COMPLETED BY TOMÁŠ MEDEK /www.medek.cz/ AND VIKTOR PALUŠ /vandrak.ethome.sk/, 3D STUDIO AT THE FACULTY OF GRAPHIC AND PLASTIC ARTS • TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY BRNO •
• AUTHORS OF THE PROJECT AND REALISATION OF THE INSTALLATIONS OF DESIGN IN THE FRAME OF THE STUDIO WERE MICHAL BEDNÁŔ • MARTIN CÍSAŘ • DALIBOR DZURILLA • MILOŠ FLORIÁN • ONDŘEJ OTÝPKA • CYRIL PAVLŮ • JÁCHYM PEŠEK • NINA PEVNÁ • MIROSLAV STRIGÁČ • TOMÁŠ TATÝREK • OLDŘICH WACHTL•
• Summer 2009/2010 • MICHAL BEDNÁŘ • DALIBOR DZURILLA • MILOŠ FLORIÁN • NINA HEDWIC HOUSKOVÁ • JAN KALFUS • LUKÁŠ KURILLA • MICHAL KUTÁLEK • JOSEF MUSIL • MIROSLAV SVEN NEVLIDA • ONDŘEJ OTÝPKA • CYRIL PAVLŮ • JÁCHYM PEŠEK • NINA PEVNÁ • MAREK RŮŽIČKA • TOMÁŠ TATÝREK •
|• The members of the Studio are facing a challenge of the multi-discipline process of designing buildings based a.o. on the studies of nature. We are not only interested in both conventional and innovative materials, but also in interesting structural systems. Students apply computer simulations with successive feedback loops based on the principles of parametric and generative design into the process of architectural planning. The projects generated through scripting algorithm are optimizing the constructions, materials, the sunlight and the inner climate. Integration of the design and construction into the project accelerates and makes the final form-finding of the structure more precise. The projects of structures with controlled properties are produced in this way.
The project of Liquid Blocks by Michal Bednář deals with the application of minimum surfaces periodically filling the space and trying to enrich the urban environment by a liquid space. Martin Císař has chosen the subject of a knot for generating variations of the Knot House 9_35 on the principle of shells from various material structures. Dalibor Dzurilla solves in the project of The Bristle Genesis the problem of a construction by the help of application of the muscles technology of the firm Festo, of the technogel, metaballs, carbon fibres and bacteriological banks, alloys with a shape memory, elastic fibres and alloys with a shape memory. Nguyen Thi Thanh Huong has made the study of Trigon_Rose into the form of a bc. realisation project. The Origami Gallery by Ondřej Otýpka shows a project with a variable shell on the principle of a triangular area origami. Cyril Pavlů works with the Voronoi structure in his project VorGround Center. Jáchym Pešek has put the ground stone of application based on the theory of ant-colony optimation for generating urban structures by his project of Swarm urbanism MO.15. Nina Pevná links up on the research of Frei Otto with her project of the Centre of Pilsen. Miroslav Sven Nevlida has applied the technology of bio-reactor into his project of Office Bezono. Miroslav Strigáč has designed an experimental bridge of Myotension constructed on the vision of an energeticly autonomous system capable of answering the changes. Tomáš Tatýrek has demonstrated the complexity of the process of planning in the frame of designing the house SLC Objects. Oldřich Wachtl has processed unique work about composite materials in the frame of a realisation project.
• Research of Ph.D. Program • ing.arch. Nina Hedwic Housková /Art-algorithmic Architecture, www.NinaHedwic.com/ • • ing.arch. Jaroslav Hulín /Algorithmic Architecture, www.jaroslavhulin.com/ • ing.arch. Michal Kutálek /Automation and Robotics, www.nextlevelstudio.cz/ • ing. arch. Lenka Míková /Innovative materiále, www.lenkamikova.com/ • ing.arch. Marek Růžička /Generative processes on the principle of neuron network, www.archlab.cz/ •